If you ask parents what they miss most about their lives before children, most will say “SLEEP”!
There are many reasons why babies and children don’t sleep well, and there is no “one size fits all” solution.
If you want an individualized plan designed just for you plus ongoing support to make sure that the plan really works, I can help you.
In our consultation you will get far more than a “sleep plan”. We’ll talk about current sleep patterns, feeding, health issues, and your baby’s inborn temperament. We talk about your child’s sleep environment, parents’ work schedules, and any child care plans. My approach is “Whole child, whole family”.
As a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner I have in depth knowledge about breastfeeding, nutrition, health considerations, development and parent-child attachment. Your consultation will include all aspects of your baby’s life, not just sleep.
All consultations include:
- Analysis of a detailed sleep questionnaire that you will complete and return before we meet.
- A 1 1/2 to 2 hour parent meeting with me in person in Oakland or by Facetime, Skype or telephone. (Home visits are available for an additional fee). When there is more than one parent, both parents participate in this meeting. I prefer that you bring your baby or toddler to the visit but it is not necessary.
- Written materials about the sleep environment, feeding and your baby’s development.
- A plan to begin within the week.
The Package Plan adds on:
- Check in every morning so that we can fine tune or adjust the plan as needed. You will also send me a daily log and report on your baby's sleep so that the plan works as quickly as possible. Check ins continue for two weeks from the time you begin the plan, which is usually within one week of our meeting. If more time is needed check ins are available for additional weeks.
In order to get the best possible results in the shortest possible time please choose a time to begin when you can commit to being home at bedtime every night for at least two weeks (and during the day if naps are also an issue). Consistency is the key to developing new sleep patterns!
Single consultations are for any baby, toddler, or older child who is not sleeping as well as you wish. This is recommended for any parent who wants to discuss bedtime patterns, sleeping options, or any other concerns. The single consultation is $300 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or $550 in your home. You can decide at the time of the visit if you would prefer the package plan described below that includes two weeks of follow up.
Newborn Consultation: This is especially recommended for babies two weeks to three months old. On this visit we will cover the many factors that affect sleep: gentle scheduling, soothing, nursing, soothing, swaddling, burping, managing gas and reflux, learning day and night patterns, tummy time and the right amount of stimulation for a newborn, and the best home environment for good sleep. It is perfect for parents who want to explore options in sleeping arrangements. The single consultation is $300 for 2 hours in my office, or $550 in your home.
“Package Plans” are for 3 month and older babies and toddlers up to two years old and include two weeks of telephone and email check-ins. The package plan costs $600 in my office or $850 for a home visit.
Plans for children two years old and older are individualized and may include a second visit that includes your child. The basic cost is the same as the package plan but is flexible based on your individual situation.
Twin and sibling plans are an additional $200.
My office is easy to get to from Oakland, Berkeley, San Francisco, and Marin County. If you do not live in the San Francisco Bay Area, we can arrange a consultation using telephone, email, or Skype (or all three). I will have you pay in advance of the call via Paypal.
Please e-mail to schedule a time or with your questions.
I look forward to helping your family “sleep through the night”!