Consultations with Meg
I meet with families in person in the San Francisco Bay Area or by telephone, Skype and FaceTime around the world. I can help parents with any type of concern about children of all ages, although I specialize in working with children under 10. When I meet with you, I learn about your child and your family and help you solve problems by asking you the right questions that will lead you to the best solutions. My apprach is short term and parent centered and is for parents who want to have an active role in making changes.
My areas of expertise include:
- Sleep (see the description of sleep consultation for packages)
- Breastfeeding, weaning, postpartum adjustment (including balancing how to "do it all" for working parents)
- Temperament: Understanding your child's inborn style
- Toilet training challenges: Yes, kids call me the pee and poop lady!
- Family transitions, including family illness, loss separation and divorce
- Preschool challenges, kindergarten readiness
- "Quirky" kids ( love them!)
- Self-regulation challenges: Children who are easily frustrated or quick to anger
- Worried or anxious children: Kids who are slow to warm up, less adaptable to change, or fearful
- Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy for bedwetting (enuresis), fears and phobias, anxiety and worries, habits
- Sibling relationships and struggles
- Non-traditional families (whatever that means to you!)
- Referring you to the best resources in your area for continuing help
- At the end of the first visit, you will have an initial plan and ideas you can use right away.
The initial visit is in depth, lasts 1 1/2 to 2 hours and includes both parents if there is more than one. This in depth visit assures that you will leave with ideas to use right away. You can expect to see the effects of the changes you make very soon. Follow up visits are one hour. I meet with families Monday-Friday during the day and on Thursday evenings. Home visits are possible.
The cost for the initial visit is $300. After that my hourly rate is $180.
To arrange a consultation, please contact me.